Monday, May 10, 2010

Booksellers cause another delay

Two months after I put my second book 'A Mind's Smithereens' out, I expected it to be carried by online booksellers. But their inefficiency and babyishness has created another delay.

Several years back, I lost the power to set the price of my first book 'The Fight That Never Ends' when big booksellers began requiring books to be priced the same when ordered direct from the publisher - a clear violation of antitrust and price-fixing regulations. Now retailers' pettiness has created more woe.

Right after I put out my second book in March, the bookselling industry decreed that it would no longer carry books unless the ISBN number is printed on a separate page - all by its lonesome. So now I had to add this page and reapprove the book today.

Didn't they ever see the "King Who Wasted Paper" sketch on 'Sesame Street'?

(Apparently the book retail industry's ukase doesn't apply to my first book, since it's 5 years old.)

To the bookseller industry, I say this: Thanks for wasting my time and costing me sales, assholes. I feel comforted knowing that this delay is not in the least bit my fault.

In the meantime, you can order my book from the publisher here:

http://www.lulu.com/content/8443416

No comments:

Post a Comment