Sunday, September 22, 2024

P...lop...plop!

Yesterday, I went to Ploptoberfest in Cincinnati, and it's not quite what it used to be.

The good news is that they had a new space for it this year along the riverfront, which is far bigger than past years. It's certainly better than the years when they crammed it onto 2nd Street, though that era did produce a highlight in 2021 when people beered on the streetcar. Unfortunately, beverage choices this year were horrendous if you wanted to skip the beer because you had to drive home. They were hard to find too. I was about ready to pass out because of it.

Also, I was grimacing in agony for a while because of a medical condition.

This may be the last festival for me. I've become too weak to walk around at events like this.

Now, the ploppings. I went into one of the portable restrooms and noticed there were two ploppables plopped. Not for the first time, a metal lid to a pickle jar had been plopped. That's gonna do a number on their cleaning equipment! In the same dumper, someone had plopped a plastic water bottle (like for bottled water from the store).

The only celebrity look-alikes I saw were Judy Graubart and Dan Hill. Must have been '70s day!

No comments:

Post a Comment