Friday, July 16, 2021

Democrats' right-wing racism

I've lamented for years how the Democrats and the Republicans often have little difference in policy as they've built their parties around an elitist right-wing media consensus. But I thought that at least the Democrats would reject militant racism - in contrast to the Republicans.

But these days, the Democrats are just as bad.

It turns out that one of the top Democratic Party bosses in northern Kentucky is a supporter of NumbersUSA. NumbersUSA is a xenophobic group that uses some of the most frankly racist arguments around to justify restricting immigration. It blames immigration for America's environmental crisis, a stance that one website calls "absurd" and "out of the mainstream." NumbersUSA was actually conceived by the publisher of a white nationalist newsletter.

This racism is the face of the Democratic Party in the 2020s. Shame on you, Democrats. This is absolutely inexcusable.

How did I find out about this? I'm not that stupid. I'm not going to reveal who the political operative in question is, but you may be able to find out if you have the right connections or have hobnobbed with the wrong politicians.

I can't believe that when I was 18, I voted for a party that has turned into a bunch of reactionary weirdoes. I damn sure won't vote for them at 48. America has minor parties but is for practical purposes a two-party system. So, after the Reagan regime supported South Africa's apartheid dictatorship, I have a right to expect the Democrats to offer something different. Thirty years ago, they did - but not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment