Friday, July 9, 2021

DLC revolving door keeps spinning

The Biden administration so far has not failed to disappoint. Perhaps its only major positive accomplishment so far is revoking a right-wing rule enacted late in the Trump era that would have gutted disability benefits.

It was bad enough that President Biden appointed Antony Blinken as Secretary of State, after Blinken was one of the architects of the failed Iraq War. Now, Biden has tapped failed Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti to serve as U.S. ambassador to India - even after Garcetti's hopelessly botched handling of the pandemic.

That's not the Democratic Party that I joined when I was 18. It's not the Democratic Party that I gave a second chance to when I was 42, after I thought we had finally crushed the DLC like the Coke can it is. The party obviously didn't deserve a second chance, or even a first chance. I wouldn't have voted for them when I was 18 if I knew they'd be such a disaster 30 years later.

That's like putting 30 years into a romantic relationship only to see it fall apart because of something your partner did. All that time was wasted.

There are some terrible, terrible people in the Democratic "leadership" these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment