Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Buyer's remorse

I gave them a second chance (which they didn't deserve). They blew it.

The Democrats abandoned America once before, back in the '90s when they let the DLC take over. But later I thought they had crushed that Coke can, so I thought it was safe to vote for them again. Man, was I ever wrong!

I regret voting for Andy Beshear, thanks to his increasingly dictatorial demeanor and lies. I would have been better off voting for the Libertarian. I even regret voting for Democrats when I first voted in the early '90s when they were better, because that has only encouraged them now. I was a member of the Young Democrats in college, and I never would have joined if I had foreseen the current disaster.

When I used to warn everyone about the dangers of America becoming the hopeless dictatorship it is now, I always thought the Republicans would be the bigger culprit. I am absolutely shocked that the Democrats did more to establish a police state in the past 18 months than the Republicans did in the 40 years before. This is inexcusable.

It's not just familiar domestic issues but also international issues like the drone strike that killed all those children in Kabul.

My stance is not an amicable break with the Democrats. It also puts into perspective some of their scandals over the past couple years. For example, they had a series of scandals in another state a couple years back, and I felt at the time that I should give them the benefit of a doubt unless new evidence emerged. Now I'm pretty sure that the politicians who were involved actually did do the things they were accused of doing. I have a more open mind now so I can weigh the evidence more accurately.

The Democratic "leadership" should not be considered progressive, but if they claim to be, they need to turn in their progressive card. They have become outright fascist.

No comments:

Post a Comment