Saturday, January 1, 2022

Even celebrity look-alikes like New Year's!

I'm old enough to remember when TV network affiliates in Cincinnati deemed the annual New Year's celebration on Times Square too dangerous to show. They preferred instead to show the wimpy stuff on Cincinnati's Fountain Square. But now the Cincinnati events are probably better than the New York "festivities" – not because Cincinnati has gotten better, but because New York has gotten worse. Because Times Square is worse now, you know damn well our local stations show the network coverage of it now instead of Fountain Square.

Last night, I goed down to Fountain Square. It wasn't that exciting, but it was better than watching the garbage that the networks surely provided. Actually, Snap Map footage of Times Square looked decent, but I've already been informed that the networks used the event for their own propagandistic purposes. While I was on Fountain Square, I saw 2 celebrity look-alikes, and they were just as funny as all the rest I've seen over the years: Ron Howard (from back in the '80s when he had that mustache) and Kenny Rogers.

Also, early in the evening, I saw 2 – count 'em, 2 – people who were in such a festive mood that they bubbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment