Saturday, June 25, 2011

Latest on CleanerGate

I'm another step closer to recovering the money stolen in the Cleaned Guard (CleanerGuard) scam! But if I don't get back every penny, it's yet another illustration of the misplaced priorities that guide America's 1½-party system.

The Kentucky Attorney General's office sent me a letter in response to my official complaint. I can't possibly say with confidence that they know what they're doing. Although they did enter my complaint into their "files" and refer me to the FBI's Internet fraud website, they said they couldn't find CleanerGuard engaging in a "pattern" of "unfair, false, misleading or deceptive" acts.

A "pattern"? So the Attorney General has to wait until Cleaned Guard is caught ripping off somebody else before it's considered a crime? Of course, CleanerGuard defrauds everybody it comes into contact with. It's just that hardly anybody else reports them.

At least entering the complaint into the database beats attending idiotic Operation UNITE rallies.

I found the FBI's Internet fraud site. I had to spend a few minutes hunting for it, because the Kentucky Attorney General's office gave me a broken link. I filled out the requisite consumer complaint form on that site against Cleaned Guard.

The FBI claims to have notified other law enforcement about my complaint, but I have even less confidence in this claim. By the '90s, the FBI was already mangled beyond hope by right-wing patronage employees. I learned this when I tried reporting a different series of Internet crimes. Nothing was done, because the perps had clout.

I'm entitled to be made whole. If the government refuses to get an innocent person's $50 back that was stolen by a con artist, the victim is morally entitled to hold $50 worth of government property as collateral or inflict $50 in damage to a facility such as a public restroom. Fair is fair. If the government won't do its job, the public is entitled to recoup its losses. If you have any better ideas on how fraud victims can be made whole if authorities sit on their hands, I'd love to hear it.

In the meantime, I'm pretty sure I've figured out exactly who is behind the CleanerGuard scam. It's interesting how her name is the lone common denominator I keep seeing mentioned in regard to this ongoing fraud. Judging by her blog, it looks like she's been traveling around the world on my dime. So I posted a little comment on her blog: "Hey, how is the Cleaned Guard business going?"

1 comment:

  1. I am yet another victim and intend to get my money back. I still can't undo the damage they did to my computer.

    ReplyDelete