Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Va-voom! ('Sesame Street' Wednesday)

Since I was about 5, I've had this melody in my head that I've insisted appeared on 'Sesame Street'. Eventually I concluded that I was only imagining it, and it was never really on the show.

But now I've stumbled on a website that listed a few lost 'Sesame Street' segments. One of the entries is about a segment on lowercase 'v'. It says that while the Spanish-language version can't be found, the English-language version is still out there...

Now that I've found this, I do remember the Spanish and English versions, but most importantly, it confirms that the melody that I had in my head did indeed appear on 'Sesame Street'. What I'm talking about here is the melody sung by the animated mouth.

In other words, this is yet another Snuffleupagus moment confirmed by YouTube - like the Big Boy commercial and the PBS show where the kid asks French-speaking Quebec residents if they speak English. If I say I saw something 40 to 45 years ago on TV, you should probably assume it's real.

No comments:

Post a Comment