Monday, May 25, 2015

People plopped stuff at Baste of Cincinnati

I attended the Sunday installment of Taste of Cincinnati - or as I call it, Baste of Cincinnati. Baste of Cincinnati is said to be the most durable food festival in America.

It's not really that exciting, but it's more interesting than staying at home and playing with chunks of dead skin from my foot. I remember going to this event with my family when I was about 9 or 10, and thinking it was the dullest experience ever. I don't think I ever went back until 2 or 3 years ago.

Baste of Cincinnati is starting to rival Ploptoberfest for ploppings. At yesterday's festivities, I noticed somebody put a Dr Pepper bottle in the garbage can - and I don't mean the regular garbage can. I mean the funny garbage can - i.e., the toilet. Later, I noticed someone put a plastic cup in the toilet.

The day seemed to drag, and one of the food items I tried out was clearly spoiled. But later in the evening, I saw a young woman being arrested on Fountain Square.

Also, I saw 2 people who were in a festive enough mood that they bubbled.