Sunday, September 19, 2021

Ploppings! Vomiting! Beer! Game day bucket go boom!

This weekend is Cincinnati's Oktoberfest - or, as I call it, Ploptoberfest.

After the city reduced the space for Ploptoberfest to make way for the dumb streetcar and then lied about it, I figured I'd start avoiding the event. But after last year's shitshow, I decided to give Ploptoberfest another chance.

This year was barely worth it for me, because I apparently have another gallbladder infection that spoiled the day, or I'm feeling the result of being stabbed by a sea urchin during last week's Florida trip. Some aspects of Ploptoberfest are starting to improve again, but they still haven't gotten anywhere near the glory of a decade ago. A lot of this is more Last Word material than 'Pail material, but I'll give a rundown of yesterday's events.

People plopped stuff. I noticed someone had put a plastic Hawaiian Punch bottle in the toilet. Later, I saw that someone had put a plastic Kroger bag in the toilet.

I threw up because of the suspected gallbladder infection.

I noticed that people were drinking beer on the streetcar - in stark violation of an Allowed Cloud.

Also, some woman was in a festive enough mood that she bubbled a humongous bub.

No comments:

Post a Comment