Thursday, March 7, 2013

3 more days down the toilet

If this doesn't get an illness log entry, I'll cry like the macho superman I am.

Monday through Wednesday of this week will live in notoriety from tonight until the end of time. I acquired a splitting headache on Monday that didn't subside until last night.

And I was cold. The heat was on, I was bundled up in 3 jackets, but I was cold. I felt like the guy in the Jack London story who treks through the wilderness in subzero weather and keeps getting colder. (That's one of few short stories I read in school that I actually remember.)

I ached all over, I was freezing cold, and I got no sleep. It was miserable. A diagnosis has yet to be made, but the region is experiencing the season's second flu epidemic, because the serial incompetents who make up the local Republican machine are more interested in their own pet causes than in improving public health.

Hopefully, this ailment will not return, as a major rally (with Occupy support) looms in Cincinnati tomorrow. I hope this event can be as grand as the worker rally this past Saturday that drew about 100 participants and countless thumbs-up from passing motorists (although the event was completely ignored by the couldn't-give-a-shit media).

No comments:

Post a Comment