Monday, March 2, 2015

Don't get sad. Get Mad! Madison, that is!

Each year around this time, there's always a big Midwest roadmeet, and this time, it's going to be in (drum roll, please) Madison, Wisconsin!

Unless a Cincinnati meet takes place late in the year, Madison will probably be the closest roadmeet to Cincinnati the entire Roads Scholaring season. A roadmeet is not a political event, but Madison suits my progressive populism well, as this city has been the site of repeated protests against Scott Walker's raging stupidity.

The Madison meet shall occur on Saturday, April 18. I have already purchased a Megabus ticket to leave early Friday morning. It's a done deal. The ticket is nonrefundable - I repeat, NONREFUNDABLE! I shouldn't have to give you the usual speech about how there will be a strict quarantine in the days before the meet, but some people never listen. If I miss this meet, angry will not begin to describe my feelings.

And that's why I buyed a nonrefundable ticket. Cheap, perhaps, but nonrefundable. Tough toilets, Cousin Filbert.

I went on an unrelated trip to Milwaukee 2 years ago, so hopefully the bus to Madison will skip greater Milwaukee and grace me with a different route instead. But I am a simple man - a lowly, unlearned peasant - and any trip to Madison is a good trip to Madison.