Sunday, June 7, 2015

Tim fights the Tea Party with maps!

I told you right after the Madison roadmeet that I was going to step up my campaign against the Far Right in a whole new way. There had to have been somebody somewhere who didn't believe me, but now their faces are caked Soupy Sales-like with humble pie. It's like I said: Don't call my bluff when I'm not bluffing.

Key among my innovative new efforts is mapping the local Tea Party presence - literally. This project moved slowly in May, because some of the data was unwieldy. But I found a data source that's much easier to use and much more up to date, so now things are cookin'!

The first item in this series is a map of Campbell County showing Tea Party power and support. This is measured by several different factors. The pink shaded areas have a higher Tea Party presence, and the darker the shade, the worse it gets...

http://www.bunkerblast.info/maps/rmcampbell.png

If it's any constipation, the worse areas usually have fewer people. Plus, Tea Party blight in Campbell County is nothing compared to Boone County these days. My preliminary observation is that parts of Boone County will be even darker pink than anything in Campbell County.

Why do I bring you this data? Because knowledge is power! If you're smart, you know what to do with this data. The Tea Party has to know we mean biz, and we can't be bullied. I think they know I can't, but can you?