Wednesday, March 8, 2017

When 'Sesame Street' characters go bald ('Sesame Street' Wednesday)

Yes!

I finally found it!

This is a Snuffleupagus moment - even though it doesn't involve Mr. Snuffleupagus at all! For years - I'm talking decades upon decades - I've insisted there was a Sesame Street segment around 1978 in which they imagine what some of the characters would look like if they were bald. It showed Maria and Oscar the Grouch bald!

Everyone said I was just making it up. But now - for about the zillionth time - YouTube has saved the day...



I don't think this was a regular segment. I think it was just part of the storyline for a single episode, and that's why I saw it only once. It starts out with the characters lamenting how Gordon keeps shaving his head instead of letting his hair grow. Then they show Gordon with various hairstyles, before the other characters are seen bald.

Are people going to keep insisting I made it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment