Sunday, September 1, 2019

Pepsi smuggling, blocked cellphone networks, fights, oh my!

For years, Riverfest has had a rule prohibiting people from bringing beverages (no matter how G-rated) into this outdoor street festival. A few years ago, I saw them hassling someone about it. This is a stupid rule, so I violate it year after year. This year, I smuggled in Pepsi.

I've been breaking this rule for years, but as late as last year, everyone acted shocked that I'd do this. I think now it's finally sunken in that I'm serious about it.

This year's Rip-off-fest had other notable events too! Once when I was growing up, around 1980, we went to see the fireworks, and there was a group of teenagers or young adults right behind us arguing the whole time. It was hilarious! This year, something just like that happened. But instead of arguing about the blankets and pillows like the other time, they argued about what appeared to be a broken smartphone - for hours on end! Best all, unlike the incident some 40 years ago, there was a lot of cussing!

Remember about a year ago when some kid threw a profanity-filled tantrum at Kroger? Think what that kid will be like when he's 20, and that's what this argument was like.

It turns out though that the smartphone wasn't broken. The entire cellphone network had been shut down for the event. Cellphone networks were never shut down back when the only people with cellphones were yuppies who used them to show off, but now that normal people have cellphones, they shut down the network. Because it was shut down, an important text blast I sent out was delayed.

When I was walking home, a fistfight ensued! A luxury SUV almost hit a group of people, and the people in the SUV jumped out and began fighting them. It was brutal!

Also, during the fireworks, some woman was in such a festive mood that she bubbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment