Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Maria cussed ('Sesame Street' Wednesday)

It's always a barrel of laughs when a character on a children's TV show cusses.

Back in 1975, 'Sesame Street' had a week-long series of episodes in which several cast members visited New Mexico. I found the scenes from this trip on YouTube, and I've been listening to them as I process the photos from my recent New Mexico trip. But in this clip, I heard something rather interesting...



Fast-forward to about 7:48. This is while the Count kept making expensive long-distance phone calls from Sesame Street to New Mexico. As Maria storms out of the house in her bell bottoms, we hear her muttering, "Dammit!" And there's some little kid standing right there too.

'Sesame Street' ruled back in my day (unlike today).

No comments:

Post a Comment