Saturday, September 10, 2011

When blog ad companies steal

The Internet advertising industry is full of thieves and con artists, and I have no desire to deal with these lying sacks of shit any longer.

In April 2010, as you know, a certain major Internet company that served the ads for this site yanked my account. They also refused to pay me hundreds of dollars in ad revenues I was owed. It's a fact that this was politically motivated. Over the past few days, it's become obvious that the ad server I used to replace them has done almost the exact same thing because I've been blackballed by the industry.

This company set up a blank "zone" in my account without telling me, and then informed me that this "zone" was being deactivated because it didn't have any traffic. But they deactivated the rest of my "zones" too, including the one for this blog. When I informed them of this, they played dumb and acted like those weren't deactivated. There was no getting through to them.

Setting up the blank "zone" was a ruse that gave them an excuse to shut down the rest of my "zones." This became clear when I tried deactivating my account so I could get a fresh account. I told them repeatedly to close my first account - but the e-mails kept bouncing. When I set up my second account, they wouldn't activate my "zones." That was proof positive I'd been blacklisted for my political views.

They also stole a significant amount of ad revenue. As a matter of policy, they don't send out the checks until you've amassed a certain amount of revenue. I knew and understood that. But when they closed my "zones", that made certain my revenues would never reach that amount. And - by bouncing all my e-mails - they made it impossible to close my account, so I won't be getting the check they're supposed to send out when it's closed.

Yesterday, I signed up for yet another ad server. They did not activate my account, period. So I signed up for a fourth server. When I added this blog to my account, the page that's supposed to contain the ad code for it came up empty. I e-mailed them about it and never received a reply.

This is political blackballing, and anybody who doesn't think so has their head up their ass. The industry has me, this blog, and everything else I do on a blacklist. We know it's politically motivated, because have you ever heard of anything like this happening to a conservative website?

The Joe McCarthy era is supposed to be over. For pity's sakes, the Internet ad industry needs to start acting like it.

The government needs to raid these ad companies and seize their assets. Corporations are not supposed to have constitutional rights. The police can handle this matter any way they choose, and I'm not going to tell them how to do their job. But I guarantee you that if I wore the badge of police chief, the doors of the lying criminals of the Internet ad racket would go flying wide open TONIGHT - and the money they stole would soon find its way to the bloggers they victimized.

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you just sell ads on your own instead of going through a middleman ad company?

    ReplyDelete