Monday, August 27, 2012

A Taliban member speaks

Remember when I started going around calling everybody Satan worshipers? Me neither.

But of course, that's what the Taliban calls everybody else.

One of my fave hobbies of late is to troll right-wing Facebook pages telling them what I think. Yesterday I stumbled upon the page for the misnamed Alliance Defending Freedom, a scuzzo legal foundation known until recently as the Alliance Defense Fund. In short, the ADF is a bunch of anti-American Nazis. They're known primarily for legal terrorism.

I posted on their Facebook page calling them Taliban. Later, one of their fans posted this reply:

"The taliban would have your head satan lover."

Hahaha, what a Nazi.

The guy who posted that posts some craaaaazy shit on his own Facebook page too! Here's the most menacing part: It turns out he's a corrections officer in Texas - or at least claims to be. Nice to know the Texas Department of Criminal Justice hires people like that.

Doesn't the state of Texas require a psychological evaluation before becoming a corrections officer? If I was this guy's boss and I saw the drivel he posts on Facebook, I'd fire him on the spot. I bet his job gives him access to weapons. Does he sound like somebody who should be carrying weapons or be allowed to work in a place like a prison?

Folks like that are why prisons are so ineffective at rehabilitating criminals. When exposed to guards who are catatonically confrontational, prisoners don't learn shit about how to act once they rejoin society, and they emerge from prison much angrier than before. Thus begins a vicious cycle of crimes that just become worse and worse.

This story also highlights the fact that the Far Right is engaged in a civil war against America. What's there to "understand" about an ideology that makes followers constantly pick fights? I wouldn't be calling them out if I wasn't familiar with their propensity for violence and thuggery. Trust me, I learned a long time ago what they're capable of.

I've seriously suggested that Congress should make it illegal for attorneys to collect fees if they gum up the courts with the type of agenda-driven frivolous suits that have been the ADF's hallmark. I think that if we do this, these suits would slow to a trickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment