Friday, October 12, 2012

GOP racism in plain sight

I hate the Republican Party with a passion because of what they've done.

It's not just the fact that they've gutted the economy, physically harmed me, and wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and peed in their faces. It's also because of racist garbage like this:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/supporter-of-republican-presidential-candidate-former-news-photo/154020260

In case you can't see that, the photo is of a man at a Romney rally in Lancaster, Ohio, today. The man is wearing a t-shirt that says "PUT THE WHITE BACK IN THE WHITE HOUSE." His shirt also features a Romney/Ryan sticker.

Racism drives the sick fucks who compose the modern GOP. It's time we all stop denying it.

Because of this disgusting spectacle, I'm all the more likely to vote for President Obama even though I'm a registered Green. Sure, I think Obama has compromised with Republicans too often, but the Romney campaign's display of racism is simply inexcusable. It's not the first show of racism by Romney's thuggish followers, but this is the most public that I can remember seeing.

In short, it's garbage. There's no more suitable word for it.

Many of you who read my blog live in key states like Ohio. And I'd like to be able to say that this blog has America's back in fighting the evils of racism. We can't allow Obama to be defeated by a party that's openly racist.

And if Romney wins, we must continue to fight Republican racism with all the gusto we can muster. Call Romney out publicly and repeatedly until he's out of power. The fact that someone actually felt comfortable wearing a shirt like that to a Romney rally and wasn't called out by others at the event leads me to conclude that the modern Republican Party is little more than a white supremacist group.

I work with folks of all races on a daily basis, and a racist attack is an assault on my friends.

It's a weird experience to watch the Republicans forget that the 2012 election is in, you know, 2012. What's frightening is that they're not down in the polls by a wider margin than they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment