Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Impeachment group doesn't know what they're doing, risks humiliation

The Evil Empire is about to step in it, and they better damn well hope I either come down with the plague or come up with some plans for August 6 besides watching them.

A right-wing website is leading a nationwide campaign to post banners on highway overpasses demanding President Obama's impeachment. This is laughable on its face, considering Obama just got handily reelected - and the trifecta of manufactured "scandals" in May or even the PRISM disappointment didn't dent his approval ratings one iota. They say impeachment is justified because Obama made recess appointments, passed health care reform, issued a moratorium on offshore oil drilling, failed to approve the entire Keystone XL pipeline, and other reasons. The website also accuses Obama of advocating the overthrow of the federal government. (They're saying he wants to overthrow himself?)

It woulda been smart if these sore losers had coordinated with the rest of the right-wing brain trust, because then they'd know to stay the hell out of my part of town. In 2009, the Tea Party canceled a rally in Wilder because they knew I'd crash it. If the overpass clods had coordinated with the the Tea Party first, they'd know better than to stomp into town and make plans without asking.

They're planning to appear on the Kyles Lane bridge over I-75 in Fort Wright, but the appearance I'm interested in is the one on the Highland Avenue overpass above I-471 in Fort Thomas. Their Facebook pages are mostly just a few people from out of town talking about how they're going to send some folks our way to participate.

I so fucking dare them. I might find something more important to do that day than watch them, like build a model airport out of Paul Carrack cassettes, see what happens when I put bubble gum in the microwave, or work (unlike them). But if I don't, and I stumble upon their Fort Thomas event, there will be trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment