Thursday, January 23, 2014

Team Tyranny taking credit for my ideas

Notice how in the rare instances that the Tea Party seems to make a timid foray into sanity, they always wait until it's too late. It's like how they waited until now to complain about the NSA spying - which they supported when Bush was in power.

Now the Northern Kentucky Tea Party is trying to take credit for my ideas. They're urging folks to support a bill in Kentucky that would stop local governments from infringing on law-abiding people owning knives. Hate to tell you this, BTPers, but this bill was my idea. Same goes for the bills that would limit eminent domain powers of greedy corporations. I've been demanding bills that were even stronger than this for years. But the Tea Party waits until after developers and utility firms have already carried out land grabs all over the state before claiming to support bills that are much more modest than what I want. I support revoking corporations' eminent domain powers altogether.

They attack Common Core from the right, after I've opposed it from the left, right from the giddy-up. They've even latched on to the bill to restore voting rights of nonviolent felons who have served their time - another bill I've supported for years. The Tea Party waited until the bill was too popular to ignore before claiming support for it.

What's next? Are they going to fight against school uniforms like I've actively done since 1986? Are they going to announce a war against Pathway Family Center, 5 years after I helped get it shut down?

If the Tea Party gave a solid shit about any of these issues, they had plenty of time to tackle them before now.

If you read the Northern Kentucky Tea Party's latest release, you'd think it was straight out of the pages of a Last Word from 15 years ago. The Tea Party's fleeting attempt to co-opt my ideas may be the only smart thing they've ever done. I wish they hadn't, because the Tea Party has a record of failing at most of the things they try. Maybe that's why they did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment