Sunday, November 2, 2014

Media erases GOP's ground woes

The election is coming up on Tuesday, and 2 facts have emerged that broadly define this midterm.

First, I've never seen such strong opposition to Republicans on the ground - certainly not in my adult life, and probably not in my entire life. This is a factual statement. This isn't mere speculation. This is real.

But more importantly, I've never seen such strong support for Republicans in The Media as I do now. Ever. And I've never seen so many outright lies spread by the press to back it up. Their lies can be disproven in an instant, but they double down. A Daily Kos commenter says there hasn't been as much "across-the-board, blatant, open, deep media bias like this year at any point since the 2000 election." Nope. It's worse than 2000.

Who do you think wins this battle? The people or The Media? I had strong hopes for this cycle before the press swiftboated Montana Sen. John Walsh. But no more.

Make no mistake: The GOP in 2014 is downright dangerous - especially in state legislatures.

What will you do starting Wednesday after the results are in? Here are your options...

1) Cry.

2) Move to Vermont or Detroit.

3) Wait 10 months, start a movement that's effective for 2 years before letting Tea Party members in so you can "understand" them, and watch them destroy it.

4) Fight back like an adult.

I know which options I'm doing. It may involve some combination of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment