Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Texas may give bailout for yachts

So THIS is what the Tea Party movement is fighting for!

You know the fascist war on the poor is back in full swing when we see stories like this. Only this time, people see it for what it is.

A Texas House committee has now approved a special tax break - also known as a bailout - for owners of yachts. It was approved on a party line vote, with all Democrats opposing this handout, and all Republicans favoring it.

I'd love to see anybody try to defend this wastage - especially after Republicans who supported the tax break also backed major cuts in services like schools and nursing homes. Wait, they already have tried coming up with an excuse. Their reasoning is that if they don't approve this bailout, yacht owners will just flee to Florida - which already gives handouts to yacht owners.

Well, Florida does a lot of crazy shit. I didn't know that gave the other 49 states the license to mimic it.

If this passes, I wonder which congressional Republican will propose the same thing on a national level. Remember the Bush handout for Hummers?

Taxpayers pay for everything the yacht crowd does. For some of these individuals, in order for them to feel loved, they need to be coddled by the government. They feel entitled to lifelong benefits, and the rest of us are sick to death of paying for them. Most people I know make at most $200 a week and don't complain, yet some drug-addled right-wing billionaires in Texas want something for nothing.

I blame the rise of the extreme right for the fact that they even want it. What ideology ran the government for 28 years and gave them what they wanted then? I'm not alone when I say I've had my fill of paying for their luxurious lifestyles.

They wanted a class war, didn't they?

(Source: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/05/02/texas-house-panel-approves-tax-break-for-yachts)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind that last post.

    George Washington didn't impose a tax on yachts. Guess he was a fascist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More right-wing sockpuppetry: "Amy" and "Dominic" posted the exact same thing verbatim a minute apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I just said that in my last post.

    Now address my point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, you know you're wrong.

    ReplyDelete