Monday, May 2, 2011

Virus fraudster outsmarted

Well, well, well, and well, what have we here?

Turns out that expensive security package I got earlier was itself a virus disguised as the Microsoft security feature. Here's some details about it:

http://www.malwarehelp.org/fake-windows-security-center-analysis-and-removal-2009.html

Long story short: I was able to detect and kill the virus early in the day. Whoever uploaded it had thunk they had fried my machine for good, but they've been left in the dust. The only thing I seem to be out is a 2-digit sum of dough, and I WILL get that back once I dispute the charge on my credit card.

Of course, this is still partly Microsoft's fault, because Microsoft's built-in security feature didn't detect this virus like it's s'posed.

And I will see to it that whoever sent out this virus pays dearly. They fucked with the wrong guy. I know that I could personally rip their head clean off their shoulders and be grinning the whole time.

Do not fuck with me. Ever.

8 comments:

  1. I find it interesting that this virus hits right after a series of anti-ALEC posts.

    Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it interesting that this gets more attention than the fact that Osama Bin Laden, mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, biggest terrorist in the world, is dead. That's a non issue. We've only been hunting him down for 9 1/2 years. But Tim doesn't know what the definition of fascism is? That requires several posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you don't know how to read the entry that said bin Laden is dead?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one post. You dedicated several to bitching about ALEC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And it was one sentence. Every one of the ALEC posts was several paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, what about them is "fascist"?

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGhvoekY44

    ReplyDelete