Friday, July 15, 2011

Lawn Chair Quarterback: "The 5 Scowl"

Allow me to introduce something I call the 5 scowl - from the board game Trouble (or any other game that uses a single dice).

We all knew sore losers growing up. When they appeared to be losing at a game, they always accused opponents of cheating.

I'm talking about kids who threw the game across the room when their opponent rolled a 6. But when their opponent rolled a 5, the 5 scowl was often seen.

Here's how it worked: Player A rolls a 5. Player B whines that they cheated. Player A then scowls at Player B after being accused of cheating. I know the 5 scowl and the bogus cheating accusations are as pointless as arguing over misheard lyrics in a long-awaited music release, but some peeps had strange priorities in my day.

These sore losers are grown now. They're called Republicans...



I'm sure the Republicans prefer Headache over Trouble though - because the pieces in Headache are shaped like the pointed cowl of their hoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment