Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bad news about the 2012 election

I know you're unspooling on the floor in uncontrollable laughter at the field of possible Republican presidential nominees. They are a funny bunch, aren't they? And part of me says Obama has little if anything to fear from these right-wing clowns.

But here's a warning just to make sure you keep an eye on whoever becomes the GOP standard-bearer.

Nothing says loser like George W. Bush. Look where it got him.

That observation got your ears to perk up, didn't it?

7 comments:

  1. We'll see. I doubt Obama's key demographics will turn out to vote this time unless a lot changes in the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Bush could NOT win today...I'd be more than a little surprised if a Bachmann/Romney/Palin/Perry could win...

    The Repubs' chances in a presidential year probably ended when they let the baggers take over...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't Bush pretty much a Tea Party guy even before the Tea Party movement started?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes and no...Bush had bagger views but didn't always come out and say so. He let the nazi "security moms" and other baggers do it for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just figured Bush was a Tea Party guy because of the Bull Connor tactics I saw at the Devou Park rally in 2000. I saw a guy physically assault a young woman who was protesting there.

    If I saw something like that now, I'd knife the assailant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's illegal for a woman to serve as President, so that eliminates Palin, Bachmann and Casey Anthony.

    ReplyDelete