Friday, August 19, 2011

Lawn Chair Quarterback: "Records Are Cool"

Do you miss that rich, warm sound of vinyl? I do!

When you listen to a record, you're hearing the real deal. Major music releases in my day were meant to be heard on records - not CD's. CD's are mere granules of data that were taken apart and put back together again for the finished product.

Sure, CD's have some advantages, but I'm a record guy. It annoys me when people say a singer or band has put out a new CD. They should call it an album, not a CD. This was particularly irritating when DJ's did this in the days when everybody still buyed records. Now, I used to listen to Shadoe Stevens faithfully, but I cringed when I heard him doing that.

Newer music though was produced for CD's. Certainly, I don't expect to buy vinyl for newer releases. Sort of like how I don't expect the Republicans these days to field decent candidates.

Our latest 'LCQ' deals with the phenomenon of the gramophone record...

No comments:

Post a Comment