Sunday, August 4, 2013

County collecting, Occupy style

I just thought of a splendid variation on a time-honored hobby.

Some folks like county collecting - the pastime of trying to visit every county in America and sometimes other countries too. But here's an idea that's never been tried before: Occupying the courthouse lawn of each county and photographing yourself in the act.

America has over 3,000 counties. And every damn one of them needs Occupying. So I'm gonna get started. I don't expect to ever finish up all 3,000 counties - since a majority of them might as well be on the moon - but I'm close enough to 3 counties that I can start on those any time. What I plan to do is photograph myself at each courthouse holding a letter O in a tight fist - a noble Occupy symbol. My O has to be big enough to make an impact but also compact enough that I can carry it along with me on road trips. A roll of duct tape might make a good O.

Incidentally, Campbell and Kenton counties each have 2 county seats, so I have to hit both courthouses in each county. And does the Hamilton County Courthouse even have a lawn?

Tim just thunk of an idea that nobody else has ever thunk of before!

No comments:

Post a Comment