Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Impeachment tantrum a bust

Yesterday, a protest against the Republican Party in Asheville, North Carolina, drew 10,000 people. Today, a rally demanding President Obama's impeachment on the Highland Avenue overpass in Fort Thomas drew all of 3.

Not 3,000. Not 3,000,000. Three. That's how many I saw when I stumbled upon their afternoon installment.

I call it the Road Atlas Brigade. The event was coordinated by some Tea Party group in Oklahoma that appears as if they whipped out a Rand McNally from 1981 to try to find overpasses they could use - without actually knowing what's really going on in the area. Local Tea Party groups say they had nothing to do with this protest - and I'm quite certain they were telling the out-of-town teabaggers to steer clear of Fort Thomas, because they knew I would absolutely humiliate them. That's why the Tea Party ducked out of the "We Surround Them" event in Wilder a few years back. That's why the first Occupy rally in Campbell County took place almost 2 years before the first Tea Party rally.

I didn't need to embarrass the Tea Party today, because they did a damn good job of that themselves. Their event was "all Benghazi, all the time" - even after it's been proven that the Obama administration had no involvement in any cover-up of the Benghazi attack.

Still, when I rode past them today, I yelled that they were "sore losers." I tried filming them from behind a utility pole, but there wasn't even anything to film.

Futility is the name of the game for the Road Atlas Brigade.

No comments:

Post a Comment