Sunday, August 31, 2014

Beverage smuggling tradition continues

Know what today was? Sure. Sure you do, boys and girls.

This evening I went to the annual Labor Day fireworks that were part of Riverfest - or Rip-off-fest, as I like to call it. Once again, I smuggled a bottle of soda into the festival in my pants pocket - violating one of the event's most enduring Allowed Clouds.

Just goes to show, I can't be controlled (to use Work-for-Less Jamie's terminology)!

Since the radio soundtrack for the fireworks was supposed to be a salute to the '80s, they should have at least let us bring beverages into the festival without posting military police to try to stop us. Then it would be more like the actual, real '80s, before that arbitrary rule was enacted.

In keeping with the '80s theme, I saw a Geddy Lee look-alike. Also in keeping with the '80s theme, one hapless gent was in such a festive mood that he bubbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment