Sunday, August 3, 2014

Weird Al takes on the Tea Party?

I've got a new favorite song, everyone! If I had a personal weekly top 10 chart, this track would be #1 this week!

"Weird Al" Yankovic is back with a new album, and among its many instant classics is an original tune titled "First World Problems." This hilarious song lampoons a spoiled rich guy who complains about minor nuisances, such as his mansion being too big for wi-fi to cover it all.

The video is even funnier...



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvlbJ0h35A

When I was in college, I had repeated altercations with a thug who I knew only as Helmethead. I called him that because of his hairstyle. He kept harassing me in the downstairs food court at NKU. In the above video, Weird Al strongly resembles ol' Helmethead. In fact, he looks just like him!!! Which is suitable because the song reflects Helmethead's spoiled outlook on life.

Is Mr. Yankovic actually singing about the Tea Party? All the Tea Party does is bellyache about how life is so unfair because the rich have to pay taxes just like working people do. Remember when the Tea Party held a convention in Washington, D.C., and demanded that the city add a special subway route just for them? That's the sort of crybaby that Weird Al seems to be singing about.

Weird Al is fighting the Evil Empire!

No comments:

Post a Comment