Wednesday, May 10, 2017

I got parked by Park Hills

I can't remember any other day on which I saw such a tragedy of official errors that I saw today. Part of it is because I went to Fort Wright, so it should have been expected, but I'm frankly tired of it.

I'm sick of being treated this way. Absolutely sick of it.

I plan to write about today's biggest official error of all in more detail in the June ish of The Last Word, but here's a synopsis. I bicycled to Fort Wright, and went home through Park Hills. I biked the old path of Mount Allen Road, which was almost impassable, but it's a public right-of-way, and there's no law against using it. After I emerged onto Dixie Highway, the Park Hills Police pulled me over. But by that time, I was in Covington.

I was actually interrogated and frisked right there on Pike Street! Apparently, someone in Park Hills didn't like me using "their" roads and cried to the police. I guess somebody was afraid they might catch strabismus.

Clearly, the police were wrong, because they responded to a frivolous complaint. There's no way you could reasonably think I was breaking any law that wasn't completely laughable or was in imminent danger. The cops were just responding to someone's classist temper tantrum - like what's happened to me so many times before.

I really don't feel safe with this level of classism out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment