Monday, June 23, 2008

Report on teen cult makes it to YouTube

Since November, I've been to 7 protests that I was invited to against an abusive behavior modification facility near Cincinnati. Back before this series of demonstrations, WCPO-TV had done its own investigation of this right-wing cult and exposed how the program destroys teenagers and their families:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OfCXLdOAwk

That rare report provides more insight into what's been going on for years at that facility: the cultish ways, the "motivating", the keeping kids out of school (which I'd think would be a violation of attendance laws), and so on.

Unfortunately, the media has otherwise covered up what goes on, because the cult is supported by people in high places (including local media execs).

3 comments:

  1. This "Cult" has been using the same apologetic explanations for decades. Phrases like "We're a different program now" or "We are sorry it didn't work for you but the program saved my kid". I was in KHK in 1986-88 and I can attest that what I witnessed on the I-Team investigation in November of 2005 is almost identical to the program I was in. Of course, the program won't show the public all of the deprivation and tortures that occur behind the scenes. They are unfortunately still very deceptive. If what little is shown in this report isn't enough to convince someone that this is a cult, I don't know what else can be contributed. The bottom line is that in the long term, everyone involved with the program is harmed and families are torn apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video when shown to one of my friends who had otherwise never heard of the program aside from "my friend protests it" right away was able to pick up that something just wasn't right about KHK.

    Upon watching the video further, without any prompts from other parties, he said (with a direct quote) "Um..."Motivating" is obviously what they called in Soviet style brain washing "social impulse control"".

    It's great that that broadcast is viewable by all eyes that have a computer. Now anyone can look it up and learn more about their cult ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Motivating" was used in high school once when they had an anti-drug speaker come in. I don't know if they had a name for it, but it was the same action.

    It was the creepiest so-called anti-drug talk I've ever been to. I nearly got trampled because of it.

    ReplyDelete