Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fuss weakly

This is my latest report about a likely act of censorship by a peeved patron at the Kenton County Public Library - much like the suspected cover-up of a local news story that I touched on a few days ago.

When I was at the libe in Covington on Monday, I noticed one more thing that seemed too suspicious for words. I was working on my writing at the table near the magazine stand, when I saw something strange. The spot where Us Weekly usually stood featured no magazine. Instead it had a sign that said, "THE CURRENT ISSUE OF US WEEKLY IS AT THE REFERENCE DESK."

It was immediately clear what had happened: Some wingnut, upset about Us Weekly's allegedly negative coverage of Sarah Palin, had started stealing or defacing the magazine. So the library was forced to start putting it behind the counter.

The thefts or sabotage apparently continue a month later, which is why the libe won't put Us Weekly back out on the shelf.

I didn't notice any other magazine that was missing.

It's nice to know that conservatives are such big babies now that they go to the library to ruin magazines that print things they don't like. They're a bunch of magazine-destroying losers.

1 comment:

  1. What did the librarian tell you when you asked why it was taken off the shelf?

    ReplyDelete