Thursday, October 23, 2008

County map predictions, anyone?

After I saw the Quinnipiac poll today that shows Obama leading by 14% in Ohio, I figure there's no longer much point in trying to predict who's going to win the election, because that looks pretty obvious now.

Instead I'm working on something that political geography junkies might enjoy. I'm not just trying to figure out who'll win what states, but what counties. I've drawn up a map of some of the states in my part of the country in an attempt to predict it:



(http://i35.tinypic.com/1zz5bi8.jpg)

Fun, no?

McCain counties are in red; Obama counties are in blue.

Yes, I know, Obama is winning the sign wars in Campbell County by far, but with this county's past frightful record, you have to prepare for a different story.

Some of the counties in Illinois are a bit shaky, but I don't know as much about the politics of Illinois counties as I do about the other states on that map.

1 comment:

  1. This map includes a serious error: Athens County, Ohio, should by all means be blue. McCain doesn't have a chance in hell of carrying it.

    Also, I think one of the counties in suburban Peoria, Illinois, should be red, but I'm not sure offhand which one.

    ReplyDelete