Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Voting Republican = dropping food on the floor

I hate it when food gets dropped on the floor.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

Because when that happens, the food is ruined - at least for civilized humans. Once when I was in high school, some kid spit a wet, sticky wad of gum on the floor of the school bus and crammed it back in his mouth, but he didn't exactly qualify as a civilized human.

Just now, a pile of snacks (through no fault of mine) tumbled out of the refrigerator and landed on the floor. That food is wasted! It's utterly ru! It had to be consigned to the gar-bahge.

And I hate food being wasted. I can't stand it.

Voting for today's GOP is like dropping food on the floor. It's a meaningless, senseless waste. One that almost brings a tear to your eye.

I remember once when I was about 2 or 3, I accidentally splattered a bowl of Frosted Flakes (with milk) all over the kitchen. I still feel a nervous jolt in my heart when I remember the blue cereal bowl tumbling off the table and landing upside-down on the yellow tiled floor.

Tony the Tiger may seem to defy gravity in the form of his Diving Tony toy, but his cereal doesn't.

But when Republicans get "elected" and splatter the country all over their own stupid faces, there's no mommy around to comfort you. And the mess never gets cleaned up. Instead it stinks forever.

1 comment:

  1. Diving Tony Rocks !!!!!!!!!

    Yeah, the Republican party has sure has done a number on the American people. Greed and the power money brings. The Republican party needs a spanking big time and unfortunately I must go against one of my biggest political principles. I have decided to vote a straight Democratic ticket this year. I know, I know.... It stings to even say it but my logic is that so-called leaders of our country are to be held accountable and if all I have is a vote then I must use it in the most appropriate means possible. Sorry Nader, Sorry McCain (who up until recently had my support) I have to vote for the lesser of two evils (Obama and all Democrats)and to vote for a third party at this time would be irresponsible. Republican party: clean up your greed and anti-people campaign. People first, not country first. Country first is the definition of fascism for pete's sake. I smell a Rovey Rove behind McCain's campaign and I don't like it. McCain should have been himself and not pandered to the right wingers. And Failin Palin, don't even get me started.

    ReplyDelete