Friday, January 30, 2009

Who are the programs in your neighborhood?

Well, who are they?

You know, the programs that you meet each day.

I'm concerned about something that might be going on in my very neighborhood right now. I received some information about this program before I went to bed last night, and after the program made a bunch of noise overnight that kept the neighborhood awake, I want answers.

Not far from my digs is a mysterious building that I've wondered about for years. Now I know that it houses some type of treatment program.

Is it abusive? Is it a cult?

Well, I've been directed to their website, and it seems to have an "our way or the highway" attitude. Like a cult, nobody else's way seems to be acceptable.

At minimum, we now know there are problems within the program, and I want to know whether anyone on the program's board knows what's going on. Either way, I will not tolerate abusive programs in my neighborhood. When a program is in my town, it has to cooperate - or I will make things very hard on it.

Very soon, I hope to be able to write a report here about an apparently unique law Kentucky has regarding the forced treatment of adults. I suspect this law generates business for this program, and it's time we get to the bottom of it.

1 comment:

  1. I think for standing change to occur there will have to be a science over anecdote debate and people will have to look at the data about what is best for people as opposed as what "some" think is the right way to treat people. I personally know what needs to be done, but the powers that be must be convinced of it also.

    It's good to keep an eye out for these programs though, as you well know. So that makes at least three people confirmed now that left the KHK/PFC CULT and went to work for other abusive programs. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete