Friday, June 5, 2009

Fix our time zones. Now. Please.

This is fucking ridiculous.

We have to either shorten Daylight Wasting Time or move Cincinnati to the Central Time Zone where it should be. Right now, the local time is almost 2 hours off from the sun's position for almost the whole year.

I have long-term health problems and literally cannot keep up with the time. And it ruins each summer.

I wanted so badly to accomplish something today, but I figured it was likely I'd oversleep even with my alarm clock. Sure enough, I did. Again.

This cannot continue. My death is almost certain within a few years unless something changes.

The current situation violates the Americans with Disabilities Act, and it's time we say so.

I don't care to hear from the exurban Phil Gramm cultists who think I'm just making a mountain of a molehill. They haven't walked an inch in my shoes, so they need to shut up. Because they're malfunctioning androids instead of actual humans who need to follow a natural cycle, they shouldn't be imposing their greed-driven standards on me.

We need to redraw our time zones to more closely follow the sun's position. And I'll be the first to draw up the map for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment