Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Have no fear, ish #445 is here!

Now that I've got the ish numbering controversy cleared up, The Last Word has just put out issue #445!

This 4-page ish kicks off with a report on efforts by the city of Bellevue, Kentucky, to drive out working-class residents by paying building owners to convert apartments into single-family houses. This edition also features a travelogue of a totally boffo fact-finding mission in Quincy, Illinois (which I've had on the backburner all year).

You're gonna read it, and you're gonna peep! How shall you accomplish this? By pointing your pooper here:

http://bunkerblast.info/lastword/lw071211

3 comments:

  1. I read it, and I pept.

    If the city won't even obey the law on eminent domain that's in plain sight, that's pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim,

    Is your Bellevue apartment one of the ones they want to tear down?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The city wants to eliminate all apartments where working-class or poor people live. As far as I know, the owner of my building hasn't applied for this program, so I assume I'm safe for now.

    ReplyDelete