Sunday, January 11, 2009

Man bills phone company for wasting his time

Good. This is what I need to start doing.

There's a guy who runs a small public relations business in upstate New York who wasn't too pleased with his phone service - and rightly so.

The phone company was so unreliable that the man had to borrow a phone from his landlord and have employees use cell phones - racking up thousands of dollars in extra expenses. The phone company kept promising they'd fix the problem, but it dragged on with no remedy in sight.

So he decided to bill the phone company for over $5,000 he lost.

And guess what? After a local newspaper covered the fiasco, the phone company actually paid up!

And why shouldn't it? If you've ever had to call the customer service lines for phone and other utilities, you wouldn't believe how long they put you on hold sometimes. And often you get disconnected because of the phone company's shoddy service and have to call again and repeat the cycle anew.

I remember how a few years ago, my phone service was out for days because the phone company wouldn't fix a line outside my building. When I needed to call anyone, I had to go 5 blocks down the street to find a pay phone - and all the pay phone did was play a voice that kept saying "Error 6" and eat my coins.

I need to bill the phone company for my time it's wasted on all those harassing calls I've been getting, which the phone company won't do anything about.

(Source: http://tags.consumerist.com/5127559/customer-bills-phone-company-for-time-wasted-gets-paid)

No comments:

Post a Comment