Friday, February 27, 2009

Crybabies throw a party!

I keep hearing about events that are billed as Boston Tea Party reenactments all over America lately.

And silly me. At first, I thought they might actually be real tax protests against something like the UnfairTax.

But nope!

It's just a bunch of Freep-a-zoids and right-wing idle rich complaining about Obama's stimulus package and foreclosure assistance program.

I guess they want the recession and the foreclosure crisis to continue. They're the ones benefiting from these crises, so why not?

The organizers are champions of phony populism. It reminds me of that True Blue Patriot nonsense that used to flood the letters page of our local paper.

And yes, the demonstrators (all 8 of them) at some of these so-called Tea Parties do spill tea. One such event in Iowa was stymied because environmental regulations barred the dumping of tea in the Cedar River.

I found out today that this mockery of the Boston Tea Party is coming to Cincinnati! It's scheduled for 3 PM on Sunday, March 15 at Fountain Square.

And I just might crash it - if I'm not doing something else, and if I'm not sick in bed. (Such travesties are possible, you know.)

I saw the website for the Cincinnati event, and part of it is devoted to complaining about stimulus money being used to combat school bullying. So I have every reason to fight these Potemkin populists.

The rest of the website is devoted to grumbling about how the rich have it so hard, and how the big, mean libs are giving their money to the poor, and blah blah blah.

Nice to know a Nazi rally is coming to Fountain Square. A couple years ago, the CCCDC forced an antiwar rally to buy a prohibitively expensive insurance policy - but it imposes no such requirement on the BTPers.

I plan on being there to keep an eye on the spoiled Tea Party babies, but I don't know how much of their hate speech I can stomach, so I probably won't get too close.

Also, Steve Chabot is supposed to be there - which makes me gladder than ever that he lost his reelection bid. If that loser wants to support a rally that favors school bullying, that's his problem.

(Source: http://www.news4jax.com/news/18810414/detail.html)

1 comment:

  1. Downtown? That's not the best idea. Why don't they do the smart thing and protest at NKU where they will be cheered on by Northern's "fair and balanced" administration.

    Oh well, I won't be there, I will have a cold that day.

    ReplyDelete