Friday, February 20, 2009

Tim's a travelin' man

I found out tomorrow that this year's annual fact-finding mission looms already. I know I just had the North Carolina outing, but that was last year's road trip.

A point of order: It counts towards my monthly Roads Scholaring commitment, because Scholaring is a key reason I go on these trips. Instead of visiting tourist traps and theme parks, I use roads just to be using them.

I would have liked a Peace Bike outing this month, but local weather has been horrendous, and even the cherished Peace Bike is not obligatory for a Scholaring. The trusty velocipede does not wish to repeatedly brave rain and ice, and would rather wait until the weather clears up. Even without the looming fact-finding mission, I performed a minor Scholaring this month in the form of my midnight adventure on Groundhog Day - though the Peace Bike was absent then too.

I feel like a long-distance trucker. Ever since I started this blog, I've worked each night of each trip - by writing up entries to post later. I'm all business. Before North Carolina, it was 15 months since my previous out-of-town trip.

My looming fact-finding mission will likely be in the northern region of the state of Georgia.

In the meantime, allow me to share with you a Roads Scholaring video from the North Carolina excursion:



After the daily stories lately about Sudafed logs and uniforms, a break couldn't come at a better time than now.

No comments:

Post a Comment