Monday, January 17, 2011

Telling off public officials. It's therapeutic.

Well, folks, I did it. The 2011 Tim is living up to his name.

Today, I logged onto Facebook and told a local legislator what I thought of his shit. My message to him was not the kindest in creation. I'm not going to bother to look at his page again to see if he's deleted my post.

Don't think I don't stand up and fight. If public officials around here try to rob you of your rights, I'll wipe the floor with them. Local Tea Party activists know what I did to them, but they think lawmakers are immune to me just by divine right of their office. Well, this should show them - and believe me, telling off a state legislator felt good. I don't regret it.

I think it's symbolic that it happened to occur today. Fifty years ago, Americans were fighting hard for racial equality. In 2011, it's economic equality that's on the line.

I am more thankful than ever that I switched to the Green Party. I was starting to have regrets about raking a local Democratic politician through the coals some years ago, but the issues seem to pervade his party these days, and if he wants to come forward about the current state of his party, it's up to him.

But I can't do it all alone. I love you, but I can't. Now is the time to join me - before it's too late for me to help you when you're driven out of your own state.

The legislators who I'm opposing literally hold you and your well-being in contempt, and they don't give a damn what the Constitution says.

4 comments:

  1. Make sure you didn't write anything that could get you sent to the nuthouse. The only place you should be writing crazy stuff is here on the Online Lunchpail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the Nazis (because that's what they are) try having me institutionalized because I opposed a bill, I'm going to make things very, very difficult for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rrrrrrepub, I see what you're trying to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You be careful, too, Bug. They could throw you in the nuthouse also.

    ReplyDelete