Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Romney scowl

Know who Mitt Romney reminds me of?

As Last Word readers know, I attended Bishop Brossart High School in Alexandria, Kentucky, in the late '80s - before I got expelled. This school was an unmitigated scam. The principal at the time was positively one of the most despicable individuals I've ever had the misfortune of meeting.

That's who ol' Mittler reminds me of.

Just watch RMoney the next time he delivers a stupid speech. Or any speech (as if he doesn't provide bushels of stupidity every time he opens his yip). Notice how he stabs the air with his hand. And look at the way Romney scowls and purses his mouth as he talks. It's the same hangman's scowl my high school headmaster sported daily. The crazed look in the eye is the same too.

The scowling, the gesturing, the crazed look, the hyperventilating. I've seen it all before, and I know it says a lot about Romney - none of it good. At minimum, Romney's body language shows he's a guy who doesn't mind stepping on everybody else's faces to get ahead. At its worst, it indicates Romney is a sociopath who enjoys harming people, even when it isn't necessary to advance himself.

John McCain at least was likable in an Oscar the Grouch sort of way. By contrast, I can tell Romney is more than a little unhinged. He has the potential to be as dangerous as Bush was. Judging by the latest polling numbers from Colorado, we probably won't have to worry, but we still need to keep an eye out just in case.

Mitt Romney does not think the same way you and I do. It's not just a matter of him never having to work like us. It goes much deeper than that.

I'm not a philosopher, so it's beyond my scope to fully understand it. The truth is that there are simply evil people in the world. Evil drives the modern Republican Right. I am 100% convinced of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment