Tuesday, January 19, 2016

GoFundMe campaign for progressive safe space unveiled

I mentioned this in the most recent Last Word, but now I'm ready to unveil it to a larger audience, so listen like thieves...

I am trying to raise money for a "safe space" in northern Kentucky for political progressives, leftists, liberals, and others of a non-right-wing persuasion. I'm doing this because of the nationwide pattern of persecution by right-wingers.

The Tea Party has their own "safe space", which includes almost the entire United States. So it's time for us to have one of our own.

I plan to use the money we raise to buy a property in Newport, Bellevue, or Dayton in northern Kentucky. If another nearby location becomes available (even in Ohio), I'll consider it on a case-by-case basis. The property may include a building, or it can be simply a vacant lot. From checking property websites, I have estimated the cost at $50,000. That's how much an unimproved parcel around here usually costs. No kidding. Hopefully, I can find something cheaper. Excess money will be spent on taxes and maintenance for this site.

This will be a community space to provide safety for dissenters from right-wing tyranny.

Donate to this cause: http://gofundme.com/8854v7k4