Friday, November 28, 2008

Damn! The Last Word must be dangerous!

Already there's some new developments in the closure of The Last Word's Yahoo e-mail list. When I posted my notice that I was shutting it down, that e-mail got through - which proves Yahoo was specifically targeting The Last Word itself. The Last Word must be dangerous. After what happened to it on Usenet some years back, I knew The Last Word was considered subversive by the right-wing power base, but I didn't know they still paid much attention to it.

When I went to delete my e-mail list, a page popped up that said, "Please let us know why you are deleting this group."

So I actually had to give a reason? What is this? Russia?

Speaking of which, I couldn't let Yahoo's collaboration with the government of mainland China go unchallenged any more than its censorship of The Last Word. So, as my reason for shutting down my e-mail list, I said:

"Censorship by Yahoo (lovers of the Red Chinese government)"

Now, according to Wikipedia, the appellation Red China supposedly fell out of favor in the '70s because of improved relations with the Chinese government. But who gives a shit? The major entities that improved their relations with it seem to be the Republicans and Yahoo - both of whom cozy up to it every chance they get.

It seems that the Republicans since the '80s haven't found a dictatorship they didn't like, and that's why nothing has been done about Yahoo ratting out journalists to the regime in China. The GOP's cult of globalism has ruled the roost for too long.

As for the censorship of The Last Word, this may signal only good times ahead. There's a saying: First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. I think the online censors may be at the third stage now.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you might be interested in this list of all campaign contributions from Yahoo employees:

    Link

    Top execs are all or just about all Obama backers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It used to be that one party took money from China, the other from Russia. I think I remember that from the Abramoff scandal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top execs of Yahoo are not all Obama backers....I saw quite a few McCain contribs on that list.

    Yahoo gives almost all of its corporate donations to the Repukes.

    ReplyDelete