Sunday, November 9, 2008

Palin channels Reagan

During his reign, President Reagan visited South America. When he returned home, he said, "You'd be surprised. They're all individual countries."

Well, now it's been revealed that Failin' Palin was surprised to learn Africa is a continent and not just one country.

Palin doesn't know Africa is a continent and doesn't know what countries are in NAFTA, yet she's the person who would've been a heartbeat away from the presidency had the aging McCain won?

I remember once when I was about 2, I thought Africa was one of the 50 states, and I asked my mom where it was on a map of the U.S. The reply: "Africa is not a state."

I was thoroughly dumbfounded! How can Africa not be a state when its name sounded so close to Alaska and Arizona?

But it's not a state. Even if Sarah Palin thinks she can see it out her window like with Russia. I was only 2 when I thought it was a state; Palin is 44.

Now Palin's defenders are blaming campaign staffers for her weak grasp of geography - and for her tantrums that flared up repeatedly during the campaign. They complain that staffers "leaked" stories about her behavior.

Rappin' Ronnie Raygun at least wasn't that prone to tantrums.

Now the wingnutosphere is trying to draft Palin for President in 2012. But I've read that the Republicans might instead pick (snicker) Mitch Daniels.

(Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-didnt-know-africa-i_n_141653.html;
http://www.cbs12.com/news/mccain_4710581___article.html/palin_aides.html)

1 comment:

  1. I like the Alaska or Arizona part. That is funny.

    I saw her throwing a tantrum on TV today. Why on Earth anyone at the GOP thought she would be a good VP is beyond me.

    Another piece in my "Clever plan to get Obama elected" conspiracy theory. Seriously, just look at all of the huge mistakes made by McCain and the GOP and compare it to all of the tremendous successes by the Democrats during their campaigns. I was seeing little pieces of this over a year ago and I still don't think it is that far-fetched.

    ReplyDelete