Friday, February 6, 2009

Gum that's made to be swallowed! (Bubble Gum Weekend)

Unless you like your underpants being ruined by the sticky goo, you probably know that most gum is not designed to be swallowed.

But now I've learned that the makers of a product called Candilicious tried to change all that. I don't remember this product, but apparently it was like gum except you were supposed to swallow it.

As this product appears to no longer exist, here's a clip of one of its commercials from 1987:



It's a catchy little commersh, but it didn't explain that the product was actually gum. If it did, I'm sure Candilicious would have been an instant smash, because there's not a single person who's ever lived who's hated gum. But then again, it might not have been such a hit, because swallowable gum was not a high priority among most gum enthusiasts.

Silly me. Until now, I thought the only swallowable chewing gum was the pork roast I had at a family wedding once. Actually maybe not, because it was so tough that I had to spit it out in the toilet.

2 comments: