Monday, April 20, 2009

I've got a Johnny Bench medallion with your name on it!

Calling all 'Pail sleuths!

This is a populist political blog, but I think those of you who have stood by me all these years need a break from politics and would like to help me solve a mystery.

I'm missing a priceless medallion that had legendary Reds catcher Johnny Bench on it. It was produced by Fifth Third Bank, which employed Mr. Bench as its pitchman. This most likely was a unique item, though I'm not certain of it.

The round medallion was made of silver or a similar metal, and it was maybe 2 or 3 inches across.

I won this Johnny Bench medallion in the mid-'90s at a contest at a party in college in which I made fart noises with my eye. I had the medallion a very short time when it became lost.

I know who lost it (not a family member), and this loss was no fault of mine whatsoever. I was completely powerless to stop the situation, and I was heartbroken at this loss. But I just didn't know how to go about getting the item back.

So now it's up to all of you out there in blogland to help me find it!

When the medallion was lost, it was as shiny as can be. It was enclosed in a small, clear, round, flat plastic case that was just the right size to fit it.

From what I understand, its whereabouts may be somewhere on or near the grounds of the old Highland Heights Elementary School in Highland Heights, Kentucky. I have no idea what that site is being used for now, but the school closed around 2007. If the medallion isn't there, then it may be somewhere around the area of Bramble Avenue or Thompson Road in Highland Heights.

My medallion would have to be worth a fortune now, especially if it's found in the pristine condition it was in when I lost it.

What's the reward if you find it? The medallion is the reward.

I appreciated this beautiful medallion very much - but I'd appreciate finding it even more.

Come hell or high water, I'm going to make sure my Johnny Bench medallion is recovered. I don't care how long it's been since it vanished. Put on your sleuthing faces and join the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment