Thursday, April 9, 2009

Daily Kos hit by denial of service attack

I'm not the guy who runs Daily Kos (a Democratic blog that provides a lot of good insight about electoral politics). But if I was, I'd be making damn sure the authorities were on this case.

A few days ago, Daily Kos was getting hit by denial of service attacks that were clogging it with 200,000 requests at a time. Clearly it wasn't Conficker, because that turned out to be a bigger bust than the year 2000 bug.

Since it's obviously not our side that's behind the attacks, can somebody please tell me why there's no nationwide racketeering probe into the right-wing brain trust for attacks like this? This isn't even the first time the right-wingers have attacked a site like this. It's not even the second time.

Right-wingers targeted me by sending me the Swen virus, remember? I had to spend $1,000 on a new computer, thanks to their unchecked assholism.

There should have been criminal prosecutions of right-wing operatives 5 years ago, but the government is more interested in going after products that let people beat drug tests.

(Source: http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/4/1/715259/-dKos-getting-hit-with-DoS)

No comments:

Post a Comment